Associate Professor, School of Basic Sciences, IIT Bhubaneswar
Postdoctoral Research Experience
- Postdoctoral research fellow at Case Western Reserve University, USA.
Mentor: Prof. Ram H. Nagaraj
- Postdoctoral research fellow at Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA.
Mentor: Prof. Dennis Stuehr
Broad Area: Biophysical Chemistry
1. Elucidation of structure-function relationships in small heat shock proteins and its importance in human diseases using biophysical and biochemical methods.
2. Investigating the effect of various post-translational modification on the eye lens crystallin proteins(α- and γ-crystallins) and their role in developing cataract in human lens using biophysical methods.
3. Elucidating the mechanism of interaction of metal complexes (anti-cancer agents) with DNA and protein using biochemical techniques.
4. Peptides as potential therapeutic agents
Publications: Journals: 43 (h index 16)
Citations: 588 (Source : Scopus)
Supervision: Completed: Ph.D. 2, M. Sc. 8, M.Tech. 1 Ongoing: Ph.D. 3, M. Sc. 3, B.Tech. 1
1. Impact of lysine acetylation in Hsp16.3 on its structure, chaperone function and the growth, survival as well as pathogenesis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Agency: SERB, DST
2. Molecular design, synthesis and evaluation of novel hydrazone derivatives and their transition metal complexes as potential anticancer agents.
Agency: DBT, India
3. Role of C-terminal region of Mycobacterium tuberculosis of HSP 16.3 for its structure, stability and chaperone function- A biophysical and site directed truncation study.
Agency: CSIR, India
4. Catalytic activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase- A probe into the molecular basis of electron transfer limitation.
Agency: DST, India
5. Structural basis for enhancement of chaperone function of alpha-crystallin
Agency: IIT Bhubaneswar, India
6. What is the molecular basis for the low activity of endothelial NO synthase?
Agency: American Heart Association (AHA), USA
At the undergraduate level: Chemistry theory (CY 1L001), Chemistry laboratory(CY 1P001), Introduction to biosciences and technology (1D2L002)
At the postgraduate level: Biophysical Chemistry (CY7L021), Thermodynamics and chemical equilibrium (CY5L005), Application of fluorescence spectroscopy in chemistry and biology (CY7L017), Physical methods in inorganic chemistry (CY7L006), Physical chemistry laboratory (CY5P003)